[Qgis-user] QGIS and ECW files

Simon Cropper contact at simonchristophercropper.com
Sun Aug 2 22:46:30 PDT 2015

Hello,

Sorry for binging up an old chestnut but I am not able to get ECW
support on QGIS.

Here is a dump of my QGIS configuration..

QGIS version    2.8.3-Wien
QGIS code revision    exported
Compiled against Qt    4.8.6
Running against Qt    4.8.6
Compiled against GDAL/OGR    1.11.2
Running against GDAL/OGR    1.11.2
Compiled against GEOS    3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2
Running against GEOS    3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921
PostgreSQL Client Version    9.3.4
SpatiaLite Version    4.1.1
QWT Version    5.2.3
PROJ.4 Version    480
QScintilla2 Version    2.8.1

REPO: deb http://qgis.org/ubuntugis-ltr trusty main

What I have tried...

*************************

http://muhammadbaihaqi-martin92.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/install-ecw-support-qgis-220-valmiera.html

Successfully implemented all but the 'sudo gdal-ecw-build', which baulks
because I don't have gdal-config installed. Despite every attempt the
system is preventing me from installing gdal-config due to dependency
misalignments.

Command implemented -- sudo apt-get install libgdal-dev
Error -- libgdal-dev : Depends: libgdal1h (= 1.10.1+dfsg-5ubuntu1) but
1.11.2+dfsg-1~exp2~trusty is to be installed

Does anyone have any idea how I should/could resolve this problem?

--
Cheers Simon