[Qgis-user] Re : Display issues after moving from qGIS 2.8 (Wien) to 2.10 (Pisa)

Junior delazj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 22:49:37 PDT 2015

Hi,
About circles, I think you can read this thread (http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-2-10-weird-black-circles-td5218734.html)

Regards,
DelazJ

Envoyé depuis mon HTC

----- Reply message -----
De : "Laurence Béchet" <bechet.laurence at gmail.com>
Pour : <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
Objet : [Qgis-user] Display issues after moving from qGIS 2.8 (Wien) to 2.10 (Pisa)
Date : ven., août 7, 2015 07:32

Hi,

I've been using qGIS for a few years, mainly to draw maps.
I have a set of working projects under 2.8 which were ok.
I upgraded to 2.10 a while ago, apparently for the best until one of my
layers in my main project decided not to be displayed on the map. It's
in the layers list, but when I refresh the map, it disappears from it
but not from the layers list. Of course I cannot print maps with this
layer on (composer).

I cannot see why. Yes I made changes in this layer and have not tried
with a former version of it. My project uses at the moment around 18
layers and only that one is having a problem.

I tried to downgrade my qGIS version to 2.8 and uninstalled my 2.10
version and any trace of previous installations I could find. I cleared
the .qgis2 folder (because I also ran into coredumps when closing qGIS
2.10 when using a pluggin). I installed a clean 2.8 version.

Now, when I open my project (which had been saved with a 2.10 version
sometime and I don't have a backup) I get funny circles on all the
layers which have been saved with 2.10 (I mean the shapefiles modified
and saved under 2.10) - cf attached file. The good news is that my
troublesome layer is displayed properly again both on the map and the
composer ...

My configuration:
Windows7 pro 64bits
qGIS installed package QGIS-OSGeo4W-2.8.1-1-Setup-x86_64.exe
(and previously QGIS-OSGeo4W-2.10.1-1-Setup-x86_64.exe)

I could try to reinstall the 2.10 version and rebuilt my project, but it
doesn't suit me much as I have plenty of composers set up (over than 20)
that I would have to redesign ...) ...

Any idea what I could do?
Thanks

Laurence