[Qgis-user] Georeferencing Vector Files

Thomas Colley it087 at neath-porttalbot.gov.uk
Tue Aug 11 01:17:44 PDT 2015

Glad you're making some progress. I must admit I didn't know about the simplified/advanced views in the processing toolbox, it must have been by luck that I got into the advanced bit!

Have you had any luck with v.transform.pointsfile? Below  is an example of the points text file that you'd need to feed it. The first 2 columns are the x,y of your unreferenced drawing and the second 2 are the x,y of the correct location. I used the coordinate capture plugin to get these points.

Hope this helps

# Linear transformation from XY to UTM coordinates:
# 4 maps corners defined
# UL NW
# UR NE
# LR SW
# LL SE
-0.236    31.702   273503.909          193355.703
50.880   48.355   273554.880          193372.500
90.121   20.842   273594.121          193344.697
38.861   4.190     273542.816          193328.027

P.S. It would be REALLY amazing if support could be added to the Georeferencer for vector layers. It seems that just provides a really nice interface for getting these same coordinate pairs.
I would have thought that it would be a simple thing to add vector support in there (big words from someone with no idea how to do it!) and would be massively useful for us at least.