[Qgis-user] Issues to building QGIS-2.10.1 on linux using Qt5.5

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Aug 12 06:02:34 PDT 2015

Hi Spartucus,

Fedora also uses yum and it is as easy as typing

yum install qgis

and all dependencies are installed automatically.

Still straightforward is building against Qt4 because it has been well
tested and known for a good user experience.

Building against Qt5 is possible but needs technical know-how and has
some flaws (most important, I would not know of any Qt5 build that
supports python plugins so far).

Hint: you can use http://pastebin.com/ to paste code and send us the link.

Cheers,
Matthias