[Qgis-user] Exporting maps that have OpenLayers plugin layers - how?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Aug 18 01:44:38 PDT 2015

Am 18.08.2015, 05:57 Uhr, schrieb Andre Joost <andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de>:

> Am 17.08.2015 um 18:53 schrieb Bernd Vogelgesang:
>> Hi,
>> haven't used OpenLayers for ages cause of these things.
>>
>> Dump the stupid OpenLayers plugin and try e.g. QuickMapServices plugin!
>>

> I hesitate to call the OpenLayers plugin stupid. It uses a webkit access
> to obey Google's Terms of License. Not sure if Nextgis does obey them.
>
> Greetings,
> André Joost

Sorry for not being P.C. But it's obvious to me that many people step into
that trap and waste lots of time trying to really use the layers beyond
display. I personally gave up on this long time ago and tried many things
to get at least some base maps to be able to digitize sth without an
offset, being locked into a CRS or be able to print it.
At least, I'm happy that there is now an alternative.
I'm not aware of those license issues, so call me stupid ;)

Bernd

Bernd Vogelgesang
Siedlerstraße 2
91083 Baiersdorf/Igelsdorf