[Qgis-user] how to find new points symbols?

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Wed Feb 11 06:48:23 PST 2015

The one way I have done this is to go at it this way (and I know there
have to be other ways).

1. Convert the symbols to SVG (using Gimp, Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape).
It appears your symbols are one image - so in the case of
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5186829/symbol_cinema_marches.jpg
that may need to be two svg images.

2. Make a directory for the above link under (qgis install directory)
apps/qgis/svg named as an example "theatre".

3. Copy the SVG images into that directory. You should have access to
them after that when you look for SVG symbols under Properties > Style >
SVG Markerset. So will anyone else who uses QGIS on your computer.

Randy