[Qgis-user] Apparent bug or undesirable behaviour in QGIS (2.6.1/2.4.0)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Feb 13 06:03:47 PST 2015

On 13-02-15 04:21, Trudgett, David wrote:
> The following behaviour manifests itself when adding a WMTS layer to a blank QGIS project.
>
> When you add any WMTS layer and zoom to extent, what it actually does is zoom to the TileMatrixSet extent and not the layer. The layer is correctly advertising the WGS84BoundingBox but QGIS is ignoring it. If it used this value instead, zooming to layer for WMTS would make a lot more sense.
>
> <Layer>
> <ows:Title>Surat_Basin_Area.ecw</ows:Title>
> <ows:Identifier>P1_Surat_Basin_Area.ecw </ows:Identifier>
> <ows:WGS84BoundingBox>
> <ows:LowerCorner>150.045708962027 -26.693037874264</ows:LowerCorner>
> <ows:UpperCorner>150.447045150312 -26.243579854007</ows:UpperCorner>
> </ows:WGS84BoundingBox>
>
> So when you add, say, a layer in googlemapscompatible or globalcrs84pixel it will request the root tile index of the global tilematrixset, which for localized imagery will mean the dataset is rendered at the sub-pixel level (not shown!)
>
> Is it possible to get QGIS to use the WGS84BoundingBox values?

Hi David,

this looks like a 'feature request' which is best to be put in our
'issue-tracker'.

Read about it here:
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/index.html#bugs-features-and-issues

It is wise to add the connection parameters to it of a public available
service, while it is maybe not so hard for a developer to change the
code, it can be (too much) time to find out a working server which has
different extents for layers and tilematrixset.

My preference is that you create the issue/feature request yourself, but
if it is a problem for you to generate (and watch) the issue, sent me
enough info, then I'm happy to create the issue for you.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde