[Qgis-user] save layer as with OGR2OGR options

Julien Guilloux julien.guilloux at ecrins-parcnational.fr
Tue Feb 17 08:47:32 PST 2015

Thanks Victor,
That's what i thought to...There are some (litte) steps to do manualy.
But i need to propose my users a easy script, so i am going to look for a quick script ( a good way to have a look to model and script...)

best regards,
Julien

------------------------------
AFAIK the "data" and "layer" option box in the "Save As" dialog only handles -dcso and -lco options for ogr. So the -sql .... won't work.

One option is to create "virtual fields" in QGIS with the correct field names "name", "cmt" ... and give these virtual fields the relevant content.
However the export to gpx will fail if you specify -gpx_use_extensions= no , because the original field names doesn't fit the schema definition for GPX. This will cause an error message and the data won't be created

To sum it up:

    1. Use virtual fields in QGIS to create fields and values that's acceptable for GPX
    2. use_gpx_extension has to be set to "yes"
    3. Remember to save your GPX data in the EPSG:4326 projection (ll/wgs84)

Regards

Bo Victor Thomsen
AestasGIS
Denmark