[Qgis-user] Not so Random Points in Polygon generation

Chris Berens chris at mapland.co.za
Thu Feb 19 20:55:20 PST 2015

Thanks for the full answer Richard, and the brain baffling eye-candy.

Previously I have used the manual approach of generating a regular
grid at the required resolution (R) and adding a random x,y (scaled
max R) to each co-ord, which is tricky when you have a required sample
per polygon. Alternatively, generating a dense regular grid, adding a
random 0-9 column, sorting by ID&random and skimming the required
sample off the top.  This 'appears' more random.

Regards,
Chris
Chris Berens
www.mapland.co.za