[Qgis-user] Qgis settings corrupted after crash.

Heather Hillers Heather.Hillers at erftverband.de
Wed Feb 25 07:13:33 PST 2015

I have a 3rd incident Report, and this time we were able to look more
carefully.

The user crashed qgis again.
He restarted qgis.
He was a different user.
He did not touch anything.
We looked at his U:, and it was indeed pointed to his Directory.
  His qgis/qgis2.ini had been overwritten by that of the other user.
  His plugins were still installed, but no longer active.
  His processing Directory was still there with his logs in it.

New Information:  1.  The 2 users were logged into .different. machines in
the Win Farm at the time of                              the incident.
                                         yes.  Each machine has ist own qgis
Installation.
                           2.  The user Profile that was read was that of
the user on the Network who had last started qgis, we believe in both
instances.

So, the users see a completely different qgis Installation, a completely
different C:\, a completely different u:\ for their Profile.  The only Thing
that they have in common is their home Directory, I:\ and a shared Directory
T:\ As far as we can see, nothing in the Environment points here.

We are going to try to provoke the incident again tomorrow.  Any ideas for
where to look after the incident?