[Qgis-user] Trouble projecting on the fly

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Fri Feb 27 04:24:05 PST 2015

Hi,
Qgis can handle both projected and geographic CRS at the same time.  If it is a Custom CRS, it could means the projection was not recognized by a software along its production line and could indicate a problem if it contains errors... Or someone tried to recreate a missing CRS.
Try to go back in the metadata if you have it in order to find more info like the EPSG code.  Perhaps it could help you identify the problem.  Try comparing the .prj file from two file that are supposed to be in the same CRS. Maybe that could help.
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca