[Qgis-user] WFS-T update to geoserver fails

Scott sctevl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:29:12 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:01 PM, emmexx <emmexx at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

> Il 02/27/2015 06:51 PM, Scott scrisse:
>

>>    This matches my own experiences with trying to edit a WFS-T from
>> GeoServer using QGIS. I typically get an error saying unexpected html
>> response or something to that effect. The edits will make it into the
>> layer in GeoServer but will not update in QGIS on commit (just like you
>> have seen).
>>
>>    I'm using GeoServer 2.6 (but it's consistent for 2.4, and 2.5) and
>> QGIS 2.6 (also a problem since 2.2 at least). The GeoServer is on an
>> Ubuntu VM so I don't believe this is unique to AWS deployments.
>>

> Thank you Scott, at least now I know I'm not crazy. :-)
>
> I wonder why qgis works when using OSGeo Live.
> The OSGeo Live server has special settings?

That's a good question. I haven't tried OSGeo Live. So that works if you
run OSGeo Live in a VM and QGIS is on your local machine? Or is the QGIS
also in the OSGeo instance?

> Or is it a network problem? I mean, the OsGeo Live is on a local network.

I've tried it against the VM locally on my machine and also hitting our
server on the web. It's the same problem for me. I just did some searching
and found a closed issue on this problem here:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/12029.

> Did you find an alternative to Qgis?

We used our MapLoom build (an OpenLayers web client) and our mobile app
against the same WFS-T and they work very well (see http://geoshape.org for
more information). So we know the WFS-T from GeoServer is functioning
(properly I assume). There isn't another desktop application that does what
we need though.