[Qgis-user] Automated printing looping through features?

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Tue Jan 6 02:04:05 PST 2015

Anybody got an idea on how to automate this process in Qgis:

I want to print separate maps for each different value of an attribute like:
* One map showing all features with attribute value x=1
* One map showing all features with attribute value x=2
* One map showing all features with attribute value x=999

It sounds like a straightforward task but I have not found any automated
solution - I can of course do it manually but it ends up being quite boring!

It is a bit like making an atlas and I have considered using my layer as
atlas coverage layer but since features with x=1 and x=2 might be at the
same location I need to only see the actual features with x=1 and not
features with x=2 at the same time. And I need to see ALL features with x=1
at the same map, not on separate maps.

I have been wondering of using the "Filter with" functionality in some way
but have not found a solution.

-----
Regards Morten

Currently using Qgis 2.6.0 (OSGeo4),