[Qgis-user] Which tool/referecence for adress geocoding ?

image93 lcelati at cci-paris-idf.fr
Wed Jan 14 01:15:19 PST 2015

Dear all,

i have to geocode several corporates sites ( a big excel file). I would like
geocode this file thanks to the adress.

1/ Could you tell me the best tool for this task (accuracy, performance,ease
of use,etc.). On my station, i have  *Qgis, postgis, mapinfo*

2/ is it better to use a web tool or a desktop GIS?

3/ I guess I must have a reference, a database for the streets network?  How
do I choose it? And how to get it?

In advance, thank you very much.