[Qgis-user] Newbie on iPad - what QGIS to download?

Ray Morneau, Arborist ray at rmarborist.com
Sat Jan 24 15:02:33 PST 2015

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding as I try to teach this old fogey a new tool.

Although as an arborist I have decades of experience working with trees and tree inventories, and I've seen the fancy CAD work that project engineers can do, I'm starting from zero here.  I want to be able to be able to map my inventories, ranging in size from a city lot to an 80 acre parcel with 10 to 5,000 trees/features.

Questions-
1.  Can I run QGIS on my iPad?  I take this machine out to the job for field notes anyway.
What QGIS file/s do I download.   The Mac OS file download didn't run here.

2.  And where can I get base maps?  I presume such can be download from somewhere?

Thanks!
Ray

Ray Morneau, Arborist
415.412.1127