[Qgis-user] Training Manual

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jul 1 04:57:19 PDT 2015

On 01-07-15 12:25, ian corker wrote:
> How do I contact the writers of the Training Manual.  Although generally
> good, it does not match the current versions of QGIS.  I would be happy
> to help bring it up to date, but I have no response to any of the emails
> given in the manual.

Hi Ian,

just for your info,

we have two versions of the training manual online.

One for 2.8 (the currently only translated version, should be uptodate
with 2.8....):

http://docs.qgis.org/2.8/en/docs/training_manual/

And one for current development version (which is not translated, BUT
THAT is the one that should be updated proper, to be in line with the
next Long Term Release version)

http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual

So if you want to help:
0) get an github account
1) fork the documentation repo:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/

to your  own repo

2) all is rst, read about it, and edit your text (even in Github itself)

3) issue an pull request so we can pull it into documentation master

We currently have a way to build the documention and website on windows
using boot2docker, so you can even build the docs and see your edits for
yourself...

Hope this helps, just try a little tweak and see if it works for you.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde