[Qgis-user] Installing and Configuration of qgis server (Vienna) on win 7 workstation

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 00:17:55 PDT 2015

> Hello all...
>
> I'm a total Newby on qgis server and interested in setting up a qgis
> server for use with qfield (testing).
> I read in some tutorials that an apache Web server is needed to get qgis
> server running.
> In the Web area of the windows qgis installer the mentioned apache server
> in Vienna version is missing.
> Anybody out there to help me out?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help....
> Joerg

Hello,

Most (all?) people is using qgis_server under Linux, I'm afraid you will
not find many informations about running it on windows.

I'd suggest you to run it on a Linux machine (even a VM will do), you can
find detailed instructions for the setup here:

http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_server_support.html
http://www.itopen.it/qgis-server-python-plugins-ubuntu-setup/
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/qgis_server_tutorial

Hope that helps.