[Qgis-user] How to revert to 2.8 in Ubuntu/Mint?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sat Jul 4 04:13:43 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have deb http://qgis.org/debian trusty main and deb
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu trusty main
activated on my Linux Mint 17.

Some days ago, the update to 2.10 came in, and I let it run.
To keep compatible with my collegues on their Windows machines, I would
now like to revert to the ltr-version but I have no clue how to do it.
In Synaptic, I can force qgis to another version, but it then complains
about unmet depencies, and I think it's a really tedious way to hunt down
those manually (and I'm sure I will not be successful anyway)

Is there any way to install via
sudo apt-get install qgis python-qgis qgis-plugin-grass
and forcing it to pick the 2.8.1 version?

Cheers
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang