[Qgis-user] HELP Please: SAGA, GRASS 6 & 7, R, do not work in vers. 2.4 -. 2.8

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Tue Jul 14 06:33:08 PDT 2015

I find the easiest way to install is to:-

 1. Backup python Plugins(C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\qgis\python\plugins for
    Python Plugins)
 2. Delete the OSGEO4W folder
 3. If you have other versions of the software installed via standalone
    installers, uninstall all the Programs (QGIS,GRASS, SAGA etc)
 4. Run a search for QGIS and delete any other folders (besides your
    Backup...be careful)
 5. If you don't have ccleaner or similar install it, click on Registry
    (Left icon second from top), Scan for issues & then Fix selected
    issues, repeat untill there are no issues.
 6. Download most recent version of OSGEO4W installer (not standalone
    QGIS installer see  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ )
 7. Do a standard Desktop instillation, It will install QGIS GRASS SAGA
    and uDig, R should also be installed (Im open to correction)
 8. When you have finished over wright the plugins folder with the backup.
 9. Now you may have some issues initially, but redirecting is easy
    enough, just direct everything to the corresponding OSGEO4W folder.

This is what I remember having to do with my last instillation, I cant
currently verify the above, as I don't have sufficient rights on my Work
PC at present.

Regards,

Richard.

On 14/07/2015 12:18, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe your paths are mixed up from all those different updates and
> versions you installed.
> From my experience, updating versions of QGIS rarely runs smoothly, so
> I always make "tabula rasa".
> Under Windows, I uninstall everything connected with QGIS
> remove/rename the .qgis2 folder and delete all registry entries of
> QGIS with regedit.
>
> When reinstalling, I found the OSGEO4W-installer with advanced install
> mode had the best results (but harder to understand).
>
> If you want to go this way, be sure to write down all the plugins you
> would like to have, save own scripts or model etc. to a safe place.
>
> You might still have problems when your paths in the Windows
> enviroment variables are twisted as well.
>
> Just my 2cents. If other know better ways to solve those problems,
> please comment.
>
> Cheers
> Bernd
>

> Am 14.07.2015, 12:26 Uhr, schrieb Velizar Strumberger
> <velizar.strumberger at gmail.com>:
>
>     Hello to all
>
>     I am a great admirer  of QGIS but I have a serious problem and I
>     hope that there is someone that can help me. I started working
>     with QGIS 2.2 (Valmiera) and it worked OK.  I then (tried to)
>     switched to QGIS 2.4 but then GRASS, SAGA and R stopped working.
>     I have a laptop Windows 7 64 bit and a desktop Windows XP 32 bit.
>     The phenomenons are the same.
>
>     Installing it as a standalone or with OSGeo4W gave the same results.
>
>     These are the problems:
>
>     GDAL: OK it woks
>
>      For *GRASS 6 and 7*: Missing dependency. This algorithm cannot be
>     run :-(
>
>      This is for *SAGA and TauDEM* : Ooooops. The following output
>     layers could not be open
>
>     Channel Network C: /and a log path /...........................
>
>     The above file(s) cannot be opened, which probably indicates that
>     they were not correctly produced by the  executed algorithm.
>
>     *For R*: Missing dependency. This algorithm cannot be run :-(
>
>     * Orfeo Toolbox*:
>
>     OTB folder not configured. Please configure before running OTB
>     algorithms.
>
>     (This also didn't work in QGIS 2.2 but I didn't bother with his).
>
>     In the Processing->Options->Providers the paths for
>
>     GRASS 6.4.3 was  C:/OSGeo4W64/apps/grass/grass-6.4.3/etc/grass-run.bat
>
>     and for MSYS
>
>     C:/OSGeo4W64/apps/msys/msys.bat
>
>     This is wrong because I installed a standalone version and there
>     is no OSGeo4W64 folder.
>
>     I corrected the paths for both and pressed OK. I opened the
>     Providers once again and saw that the two path were converted to
>     the "original" ones that I "changed"; there is no way I can change
>     the paths set up during the installation
>
>     There is also a path for GRASS 7, but this was not installed.
>
>     I have the impression that parameters for the Providers is from
> [...]

OPW - Ag féachaint don am atá le teacht - Ag caomhnú ón am atá thart
OPW - Looking to the future - Caring for the past