[Qgis-user] Loading issues with project file in QGIS 2.4 (64 bit)

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:23:56 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Johanna Botman <
Johanna.Botman at griffith.nsw.gov.au> wrote:

> but IT tell me it is the nature of open source software.

Good thing your IT is wrong then hey :P

I also suspect network if the files are large it will pull the whole thing
over the network before it can open it. GML also isn't the most efficient
format in the world so take that into consideration.

What other layers are in the project?  If you have lots of network layers
it will try and read them when you load the new layer in order to refresh
the map, remember each pan is going to read the files to get the data.

We will need a bit more info on the project and files to help more.

- Nathan