[Qgis-user] Adding a Oracle Spatial Layer without a SRID Value at the geometry column

johannes johannes.anger at brawag.de
Wed Jul 15 03:02:41 PDT 2015

Hi,

we have some problems to add a oracle spatial layer in QGIS.

Following situation at our oracle spatial database (Oracle 11g):
The Database-Table has an index on the geometry column, but no declared
primary key. Caused by a false EPSG 25833 system, the geometry column has no
SRID value.

Following reaction of qgis 2.11 Nightly (QGIS e679b0b):
The Database-Table is identified as a spatial layer with the SRID -1, the
correct geometry type and can be added as a layer. After adding I don't see
any objects in qgis. I've got following notice in the protocols:

*Protocol Qt*

/2015-07-14T16:11:44	1
..\..\..\..\..\..\..\src\providers\oracle\ocispatial\qsql_ocispatial.cpp:
3011: (QOCISpatialResult::gotoNext) goto next error:  [ORA-00932:
Inkonsistente Datentypen: BLOB erwartet, ARRAY erhalten]/

*Protocol Oracle*

/2015-07-14T16:11:19	1	Oracle SRID -1 nicht gefunden./

If I delete the index from the geometry column at the oracle database, add a
new srid value (faked EPSG 325833), add a new index on the column the
problem is solved. Is there any way to solve the problems without changes at
the main oracle spatial database. Due to dependencies to a second GIS
product it's not possible to update the entire database atm.

What can i do?

Best regards,
Joe