[Qgis-user] QGIS Ubuntu: qgis_mapserv.fcgi doesn't load

Kavita Chitnis kvchitnis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:42:23 PDT 2015

I am trying to install QGIS on Ubuntu 15.04 by following the steps
mentioned in the link
http://anitagraser.com/2012/03/30/qgis-server-on-ubuntu-step-by-step/

After the confutation, I see the following->
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

Returns an HTML with 'This XML file does not appear to have any style
information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.'

http://localhost/cgi-bin/vienna/qgis_mapserv.fcgi

The above link returns->
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with
it. The document tree is shown below.
<ServiceExceptionReport xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" version="1.3.0">
<ServiceException code="Service configuration error">Service unknown or
unsupported</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

Can someone please help me with the configuration?

Thanks,
Kavita