[Qgis-user] Processing Update: GRASS not working in the toolbox

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Jul 21 02:38:06 PDT 2015

Hi,
am I really the only one with issues with processing.
I already thought that I solved the problem. On my machine at home, I
checked the repositories, reinstalled everything, updated Processing and
... surprise surprise .. everything worked fine, even after restarting
QGIS several times.

But today when I wanted to resume with the project: Missing dependency.
This algorithm cannot be run :-(

How is that possible???
What can I do to check the circumstances? The provided link doesn't help a
lot
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing/3rdParty.html

Cheers
Bernd

Am 20.07.2015, 18:32 Uhr, schrieb Bernd Vogelgesang
<bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de>:

> Hi,
> I'm going nuts! It took me weeks till a got a working QGIS 2.8 install
> with GRASS(7) working in the toolbox on Linux Mint/Ubuntu.
>
> Using the model builder to create some workflow, I became aware that
> there is a Processing update available.
> Doing this update, the model doesn't work anymore, cause GRASS stopped
> working in the toolbox.
>
> When I do a fresh install without updating Processing, I get an error
> when I try loading my model (which I unfortunately saved with the new
> Processing version).
>
> Ok, I could create that model again with the non-updated Processing
> version, so the GRASS function I need is available, but I also rely on
> the new "OGR Dissolve Polygons" function introduced with the new
> Processing version, cause I need to sum up an attribute while
> dissolving, and there is no alternative function at hand.
>
> Anyone an idea what to do? Seems I'm caught in kind of a time/version
> hole.
>
> Cheers
> Bernd

Bernd Vogelgesang