[Qgis-user] Question on default file formats

Árni Geirsson arni at alta.is
Tue Jul 28 09:04:12 PDT 2015

Thanks for the answer Jim. I understand that the shapefiles are lingua
franca but to me that would imply that they should be used when exchange
with other applications is needed - which is not always. But I had not
realized that I might be constraining the set of available tools if I use
SpatiaLite. Does this mean that if I have my date in SpatiaLite, many of
the tools in the Processing toolbox would not be available to me?

Arni

Árni Geirsson
*Alta ehf* // +354 582 5000 // +354 897 9549
www.alta.is  // Alta á Twitter <http://twitter.com/alta_ehf> // Alta á
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alta/161795813838691?v=wall>