[Qgis-user] how to avoid the automatic conversion of a session string in a csv file to a number

Nicola Poles nicola.poles at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 02:14:16 PDT 2015

Ciao Tonino,

if you are comfortable using python, you can circumvent the automatic
trimming of leading and trailing zeros by adding your CSV layer from
python. From the API documentation
http://qgis.org/api/classQgsVectorLayer.html in the "*Delimited text file
data provider*" Section, you'll see that by setting the *trimFields *flag
to "no" your leading zero shouldn't be removed anymore.

P.S. If you are interested, I can try to help you with writing a python
script. Feel free to contact me in private.

*Nicola Poles*

*SOC Settore Tecnico-Scientifico*

*ARPA Friuli Venezia-Giulia*

*Via Cairoli, 14 – 33057 Palmanova (UD)*

*Tel. 0432-191 8073 (8199)*

*e-mail: nicola.poles at arpa.fvg.it <nicola.poles at arpa.fvg.it> *