[Qgis-user] Slow to open huge rasters

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 00:19:16 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have a GeoTiff raster of 24Gbyte, floating point (Float64) with 11
bands and fomat geotiff.

When try to open it with qgis 2.8.1 I see it take a really uge time to
open it (about 10 hours).
Initially I guess that was a time due to the huge dimension, but after
the qgis show it.
I notice that it is reallyquickly to zoom and pan.
I don't understand why this difference between the open time and zoom/pan time.

My first suspect was that qgis want to calculate the statistics in first open.
But after a check with gdalinfo I see the statistics are available
also in original tiff.

So I dont know really why it take so more time to open it.

I hope to find some setting to reduce the pen time for this kind of images.

Thx,

A.