[Qgis-user] Slow to open huge rasters

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 04:54:04 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Andrea Peri <aperi2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Radim,
> thx for hint.
>
> I try to set the contrast enhancement to NO STRETCH
> and
> Limits to minimum / maximum ,
> Apparently seem to have no result. The qgis is locked in opening of
> raster, but of course I should wait for some hours to see if some
> improvements is occursed.

You can try to uncheck Options > Canvas & Legend > Layer Legend >
Create raster icons
but I don't think that it could help if zoom/pan is fast, so it seems
that there are overviews (pyramids). In fact, even with cumulative cut
it should not be slow if there are overviews because default cut
calculation is using estimated histogram (250000 pixels).

The file is on local hard disk?

Do you see what is happening from debug output?

If you save a project with the raster, the next load of the project is fast?

Radim