[Qgis-user] Spatial query

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu Jul 30 06:22:01 PDT 2015

Hi,
Are both files in the same projection?
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca
On Jul 30, 2015 5:45 AM, "francesco.maicu [via OSGeo.org]	" <ml-node+s1560n5217723h74 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:

Dear users,
this is my problem: i have a shape file with 166K points and a shape file with 1 area (with some holes).
I want to delete the points liyng into the area. The two file have the same CRS.
Vector->Spatial Query->Select source feature from ..points...where the feature  intersects reference feature of ....area
No results QGis not responding, no way to give up...just stop QGis (2.6.0 on W7-64bit)
The same operation in Geomedia takes no more than 5 seconds and the results is more or less 32k points.
Any suggestion?
Thanks
Francesco Maicu
ISMAR - CNR
Arsenale Tesa 104 - CASTELLO 2737/E
30122 Venezia
Italy

tel.  +39 041 2407944
fax   +39 041 5207940
e-mail: francesco.maicu@...
skype: checcomex

		http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Spatial-query-tp5217723.html

		To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email ml-node+s1560n4125267h38@n6.nabble.com
		To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here .
		NAML