[Qgis-user] Slow to open huge rasters

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 07:14:25 PDT 2015

Hi Nicolas,

Following the hint of Radim I discovered that the troubles are two not ne.

Infact when i add the raster tothe qgis I see the qgis completelly locked .
The unique action possiblewas to kill it.

With helpof Radim I discovered that that lock was due to the option
Create a raster icon. An option that is enabled by default and that
want to create always a raster icon when I open this reaster.

After removed that option.
The qgis was no more locked.

Now start the second trouble.
Infact the qgis still need many time to read all the image.

Now, without the raster icon tolock the qgis, I can try somethink.
So I see that if I zoom to a detail and only after this I ligh-on the
raster , it is visible.
But again I have new problems infact now I need to open the properties
to change the bands levels for RGB.
And when try to open the properties wgis newly go lock.

Perrhaps the qgis in the properties windows of a raster try again to
calculate a raster icon ?

A.