[Qgis-user] Problems with attribute data

Sebastian Andersson sebastian_andersson at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 01:18:10 PDT 2015

Hello,

I want to calculate the share of different population Groups in my attribute table by using the field calculator.
I have added a new column in the attribute table and calculated the share of young people, by dividing the number of young people with the total number of people.
The new values are added to the new column. However, after saving, the values are lost and the columns show 0. Why?

Note: This problem only emerges when Dividing values, not when making additions (for example young people + old people).

Sebastian