[Qgis-user] Merging Shapefiles on Top of Each Other

Tom Faro Tom.Faro at zenith-insurance.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 03:59:47 PDT 2015

I have been having some trouble with merging two shapefiles - one is a map of all sectors in the UK and one is a map of all motorways in the UK. I have successfully merged them by putting them both as polygons. However, when I fill in the sectors with different colours the road map disappears. The same happens when I use the same shapefile in other software.

Is it possible to merge them so that the roads are always on top? Any Help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Tom

Zenith Insurance Management UK Limited is an appointed service provider to Zenith Insurance plc and is not an Agent of Zenith Insurance plc.
Zenith and Link are the European brands of the Markerstudy Group of Companies.

Zenith Insurance Management UK Limited (Registered No. 5309111). Link Underwriting Agency Limited (Registered No. 4227586).
Both companies are registered in England & Wales at Chester House, Harlands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1LR. Zenith Insurance
Management UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (No. 429279). For security and training purposes, all
calls may be monitored or recorded.

Any views of opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Markerstudy
Group of Companies. This message (and any attachments) contains information that may be confidential and protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message or any parts of it, please immediately contact the sender and delete the message
from your system. No other person is authorised to copy, forward, distribute, disseminate or retain this message in any form.

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.
Mimecast delivers a complete managed email solution from a single web based platform.