[Qgis-user] Local Government for QGIS

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 06:19:46 PDT 2015

Hi there:

As open source philosophy, personal motivation has a big weight. One
enthusiastic QGIS user can do difference to motivate other GIS users into
QGIS adventure.

I'm working in a local government for two years and half. It took me almost
a year convince other that our geodatabase is public and that we had to
share shapes also, not PDF only (Sorry... life in tropics).

Next step was QGIS. I developed a pilot QGIS course into the office: two
hours each day, per one week, doing exercises with our own data.

QGIS has new followers over here. The seed is sown.

Here, the main feature that attracts to QGIS is the language.... so i think
it'll be great if plugins can be also translated.

Cheers from Peru

Carlos Cerdán