[Qgis-user] labelling by attribute

James Keener jim at jimkeener.com
Sat Jun 20 08:10:53 PDT 2015

> 0.00xx percent of what ESRI has available in its budget.

And have an amazing piece of software to show for it!

> However, I agree with you, that rule-based or categorized labels would
> be very useful to have in QGIS. In fact we know this for a long time
> already - since version 2.0 people have asked for it. But - it is quite
> a lot of work to implement. If you need this, consider sponsoring it or
> start a crowd-funding initiative.

There was talk in another email thread about doing something similar for
AutoCAD support.

In all seriousness, what would be the process of doing this?  Has this
been done for any other QGIS features?  Who would be paid? OSG, specific
developers?  Who would we talk to about something like this?

Jim