[Qgis-user] Create line from points keeping attribute

Mike Ro miker169 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:58:22 PDT 2015

Sorry for a basic question - I am a relatively new user of QGIS, and so
far been able to find everything else I need (testament to the QGIS,
documentation and support!).

I have a series of points that actually should form a line, and each
point has some attributes (i.e. height). I want to create a line from
the points but retain the attributes.

When I follow this post
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/92751/draw-lines-from-points-in-qgis
and use the Points2One plugin it creates a single polyline with the same
attribute for all segments (taken from the last point in my series).

I appreciate that the 'from' and 'to' points may have different values
for the attributes, but I can happily accept setting each line segment
to that of the 'from' point.

Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks!