[Qgis-user] How To overcome the limitation of real data width

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jun 22 08:57:23 PDT 2015

Hi,

This depends on the data format or database. With most databases you can
go beyond the 20 digits. E.g. in Postgis numeric data type the limit is
up to 131072 digits before the decimal point; up to 16383 digits after
the decimal point. See also
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/datatype-numeric.html

I am not entirely sure if QGIS or qt would have problems displaying or
editing such large numbers, though - but the PostgreSQL database
supports it.

Andreas