[Qgis-user] optimal route plugin?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jun 26 09:01:51 PDT 2015

On 06/26/2015 08:54 AM, Innisfree McKinnon wrote:
> Hello all,
> Sorry if this is a common question. Is there a plugin to help with
> calculating optimal driving routes? I have a number of addresses to visit
> and need to figure out the most efficient route and order to visit them.
> This would be something like what UPS uses to route their trucks.
>
> I googled around but didn't see anything obvious.
>
> thanks,
> Innisfree

Maybe the OSM Route plugin.

Directly in GRASS there is
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/v.net.salesman.html

Spatialite also has routing, not sure if it does multi-node

pgRouting is the other tool that comes to mind.

Other than the 1st plugin, or querying spatialite I'm not aware of
routing options in QGIS.

-Alex