[Qgis-user] Release Schedule

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 30 06:59:04 PDT 2015

Hi Peter,

There is no stable 2.9 release, but the last 2.9 release is basically
identical to 2.10.

Even numbers are the releases, odd numbers are dev build in between. To
really identify a release properly you need to identify the last github
number, which you can see at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS (see latest
commit) for each branch.

2.10 was already released in Source code but the package building for
the various operating system takes a while. You can expect the download
probably tomorrow or later this week, depending on the operating system
you use.

BTW: we would like users to test the nightly releases which are
available each day through OSGeo4W or each week as an installer at
http://qgis.org/downloads/weekly/ - this would help us deliver a more
stable official release (the ones with the even numbers).

So please be patient a day or two until the package for your OS is
available.

Andreas