[Qgis-user] DB Manger with 2.8.1

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Tue Jun 30 14:20:39 PDT 2015

This might be expected behavior - this is the first time I've jumped
this far into postgis/dbmanager. I have two shapefiles. After looking at
the data I completely missed one shapefile had all uppercase fields and
one had a mix of proper case fields. I loaded the proper case shapefile
with ogr2ogr and everything was lowercased. DBManager was used to load
the shapefile with all uppercase. The table created through DBManager
has all uppercase fields so now (if I keep it) I need to quote all field
names (i.e. Select r."NAME")

Is this to be expected? If so I just need to do more data prep in the
future if I'm going to use DBManager. No complaints - just wondering.

OS: Ubuntu 14.04
Version: 2.8.1

Randy

--