[Qgis-user] Qgis settings corrupted after crash.

Heather Hillers Heather.Hillers at erftverband.de
Tue Mar 3 07:29:45 PST 2015

Hi Jürgen,

After a lot of testing, we were able to reproduce the error regularly and we found (drum roll) that the culprit was the network, specifically Samba Oplocks, which was doing internal file caching.  Since our users profile directories were organized so that the path to qgis2.ini was the same for all users (even though it was pointing to a different file for each user), Samba was letting QGIS read from the cached copy of the file if the file was locked, and that could have been last cached from any user.  Moral of the story- either turn oplocks off on a networked profile directory or make sure that each user’s path to the ini or any files on that directory look different.  If we had used the username to build the path, we probably would have been fine.  Ta Da! (That wasn’t at all fun though.)

Thanks for the help,

Heather