[Qgis-user] SQL to update table

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 06:27:28 PDT 2015

Hi Chuck!
Another approach, which may be useful at other times, is to simply exclude
these rows from label rendering.
There may be times when you want to shut off certain labels without
actually changing the table.
This is done in the Rendering box of the labeler.
Unbox Show all labels... and then write an appropriate expression below.
In a PosGIS table, this expression was valid:
"fieldname" IS NOT NULL

HtH
Mats.E

> I am trying to eliminate the text "NULL" from a table.  I have imported a
> set of Tiger road data and in some of the columns that I need to display
> the data itr has "NULL" in the field.  If it is Null I would really like
> that NOT to show up in the labeling on the map.
>
> I have tried some standard SQL update queries but they didn't work.
>
> I tried the following from the QSpatialite form that appears from within
> QGIS.
> Example:
> update "mc-roadsegs" Set "RFROMHN" = "" Where "RFROMHN" = "NULL";
>
> I also tried to construct a query from within the query builf=der at the
> top of the Attribute table in Edit mode.
>
> I really need to remove these unwanted valued.  It has been a while since
> I used SQL on a routine basis so I am a bit rusty.
>
> Any help will be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks
>
> Chuck

Mats Elfström, Väpplingvägen 21, SE-227 38 LUND, Sweden
tel: +46 46 145959 / mob: +46 70 595 39 35
alt e-mail: mats.elfstrom at giskraft.com <mats.elfstrom at telia.com>