[Qgis-user] Oracle connection Timeout

Hillers Heather Heather.Hillers at erftverband.de
Mon Mar 16 06:12:23 PDT 2015

We have a QGIS installation running with a Oracle 12 Database.
If we open the Qgis Oracle Connection window and set up a connection without saving our username and password, then click on the connect button, and then add any table to qgis, our DBA gets the error below:

We are experiencing the same problem whether we are connecting from our QGIS 2.2 installation on Linux or our QGIS 2.6 installation on Windows. We experience the same problem with 2 different databases, and with 2 different oracle servers.  We have tried increasing the connection timeout on the oracle side to 200 seconds, with no effect.  From qgis, we see no hang or connection problems.  We are quickly asked for our credentials and the layer loads successfully.  The error usually comes after the load is complete.  These errors also come with the opening of projects with Oracle tables in them.  The end result is that we have to do a daily reboot of our TNS Listener.  Our DBA finds this unacceptable, particularly since the number of users is expected to rise sharply.  I am not seeing any reports of other users with this problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Heather

The error:

Fatal NI connect error 12170.

  VERSION INFORMATION:
        TNS for Linux: Version 11.2.0.4.0 - Production
        Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 11.2.0.4.0 - Production
        TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 11.2.0.4.0 - Production
  Time: 16-MAR-2015 13:36:21
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    ns main err code: 12535

TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out
    ns secondary err code: 12606
    nt main err code: 0
    nt secondary err code: 0
    nt OS err code: 0
  Client address: (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.100.78.43)(PORT=49830))
WARNING: inbound connection timed out (ORA-3136)