[Qgis-user] Oracle connection Timeout

Heather Hillers Heather.Hillers at erftverband.de
Wed Mar 18 02:01:05 PDT 2015

This morning we tested the patch
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/db23632

using qgis-dev nightly build 2.9.0-24.

We installed locally on Windows and tested with Wireshark.  On loading a
Project where Oracle layers were stored without a username and Password,

1. A first Connection stream ConnA was built (sig, ack) and recieved a Login
error.
2. ConnA was cleanly ended (Fin) and did not recieve a RST from the Oracle
Server.
3. A second Connection stream ConnB was built (sig, ack) with the
QgsCredentials given username and Password (sig, ack) and was cleanly closed
when the Project was loaded.

A tail of Oracle logs showed no Errors.

We tried restarting QGIS, reloading the Project, loading a bigger Project,
and adding and removing layers.  Everything was squeaky clean.
We connected to a Oracle 11 and to an Oracle 12 and to an Oracle 12 on an
ODA without Problems.

So, this patch is great.  Brilliant!

The next question is, how can I deploy it to my productive System?  Since
this is a System error that causes a lot of trouble, it's really important
to get it fixed.

Will it be added to / is it already added to 2.8?  Is 2.8 now the official
QGIS stable Version?  We still have 2.6 on production.  Is it safe to
upgrade?

Thank you so much,

Heather