[Qgis-user] WKTRaster

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 06:13:46 PDT 2015

Good morning, Terence.
The PostGIS Raster Plugin is no longer active because it's functionalities
were replaced by newer tools.

Now the GDAL Library can write on Postgis Raster datasets (
http://www.gdal.org/drv_pg.html), so the Translate tool available in QGIS'
Raster Menu should be enough to load rasters to databases. If you need more
advanced tools, I suggest using PostGIS Raster's own programs.

I worked together with DBManager team a few years ago to implement postgis
raster functions on it. So now every QGIS software is already able to view
postgis rasters using the DBManager. Just connect to your database using it
and, with the right button, add it to the menu.

All the best,

--
Mauricio de Paulo
Engenheiro Cartografo