[Qgis-user] 32bit gdal gdal modules

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed May 20 07:54:53 PDT 2015

Hi,
The problem with gdal_merge seems to be with the input parameters I used to deflate the file. Locks at 4GB file size.
Cheers
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca
On May 19, 2015 12:01, "Even Rouault-2 [via OSGeo.org]	" <ml-node+s1560n5206474h55 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:

	Le mardi 19 mai 2015 17:58:33, [hidden email]  a écrit :
> Hi,
> It seems that both gdal_contour and gdal_merge in QGIS 2.6 and 2.8 (both
> 64bit windows installs on Windows 7_64) are still in 32 bit. Both stop
> when output files hit 4 194 304KB (.tiff or .shp) Is there a way around
> those limitations?
32 or 64-bit builds should have no influence on the limitation of output files.
A 32-bit build can certainly handle files > 4 GB.
.shp are limited to 2GB due to the format anyway.
.tif might be limited to 4 GB with libtiff 3, but are no longer limited with
libtiff 4 with BIGTIFF enabled.
> Thanks
> Nicolas

		http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/32bit-gdal-gdal-modules-tp5206472p5206474.html

		To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email ml-node+s1560n4125267h38@n6.nabble.com
		To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here .
		NAML