[Qgis-user] Psuedo-color raster legends

Benoit de Cabissole benoit-3 at bc-consult.com
Wed Nov 4 08:44:15 PST 2015

Hi Robin,

Just released version 0.9.1 to fix Fernando's error report.

Your point 1: in theory yes; but I'm personally do not feel at ease
contributing to such a repository. I rather have my plugins in our own
repository: 1, because they serve well our purposes but, perhaps, not so
well the QGIS community at large, and 2, they mostly do not follow the
programming philosophy of QGIS (they are developed on the spur of the
moment and are not good examples of code!).

Your point 2: well the design of the interface has to be tweaked to
display correctly on your system. I will see what I can do about that...
Are you in a position to test the ui on your Mac?

Your point 3: why not, but a proper developer should be assigned to the
plugin. As far as I understand it, core plugins are in their own active
branch in the QGIS source tree and are maintained by their creator or
dedicated developers. Unfortunately, I have strictly no experience with
the GIT world!

Regards,
Benoit

On 04/11/2015 18:12, Robin Wilson wrote:

> On 4 Nov 2015, at 15:44, Fernando M. Roxo da Motta <petro at roxo.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Robin,
>
> Regarding your point 1 below, please see the latest version (0.9.0) of
> "Color Scale Bar for One-Band Rasters" (bccscbar) at
> http://www.bc-consult.com/free/bccscbar.html [1] [3]. It is now possible
> to use the currently selected raster from the Layers panel.
> I think this is a very interesting tool to have available. I
> downloaded the last available version from that site and installed in
> my computer, a Xubuntu 14.0 64 bits running Qgis 2.12. When I opened
> the plugin manager and activated it I could find it under "raster"
> menu, as described. I closed Qgis and opened it again, and I got the
> following:
>
> =================8<--------------------------
> Couldn't load plugin bccscbar due to an error when calling its
> classFactory() method

Hi Benoit,

Thanks so much for releasing an updated version - I wasn't aware the
plugin was under active development!

I've got a few questions and pieces of feedback:

1. Would it be possible to add it to the standard plugins repository, so
that it is easier for users to install?

2. The dialog doesn't display quite correctly on my system (OS X,
running QGIS 2.10) - see
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wwgsm21ze854vc/ColorBarDialog.png?dl=0 [3].
Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

3. Would you be interested in this being integrated into core QGIS?

Best regards - and thanks for the plugin,

Robin

Links:
------
[1] http://www.bc-consult.com/free/bccscbar.html