[Qgis-user] heads-up on QGIS 2.12 installation on Mac OSX :PROJ framework not in GDAL-complete?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Nov 5 08:20:32 PST 2015

The latest GDAL Complete does have the current PROJ.  If you only updated QGIS, you may have had an older GDAL Complete installed.  Or if you downloaded GDAL Complete from another site or got it from a disk package that may have an old GDAL Complete.

> On Nov 5, 2015, at 9:35 AM, <b.j.kobben at utwente.nl> <b.j.kobben at utwente.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I had a problem installing the KyngChaos-packaged QGIS 2.12.0-1. After
> installation the program did not start up, the error seemed to be in PROJ4:
>
> Dyld Error Message:
> Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Versions/4/PROJ
> Referenced from: /Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/QGIS
> Reason: Incompatible library version: QGIS requires version 11.0.0 or
> later, but PROJ provides version 10.0.0
>
> According to the instructions on the site (and in the QGIS installer
> readme), this should not have been the case, as the latest PROJ4 version
> should have been included in the GDAL Complete 1.11 framework package. I
> had this installed but it apparently forgot to update the PROJ4...?
>
> Installing separately the latest PROJ4 framework from KyngChaos solved the
> problem.
>

> Yours,
>
> --
> Barend Köbben
> Senior Lecturer ­ ITC-University of Twente
> PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede (Netherlands)
> @barendkobben

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan