[Qgis-user] columns in spatialite

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Nov 10 06:32:37 PST 2015

Hi,

You are probably hitting issue 8923. This is more of a spatialite issue
than a QGIS issue. But there is a workaround for it, see here:
https://hub.qgis.org/issues/8923#note-5

Best regards
Matthias

On 11/10/2015 03:26 PM, Micha Silver wrote:
> I have found that QGIS cannot "see" any spatialite column that comes
> after the "geometry" column. When I alter a table, adding a column in
> a Spatialite, the new column which is after the geometry column in the
> database table just does not appear in QGIS. If I recreate the table,
> reordering the columns so that the geometry is last, all is good again.
>
> Is this a bug? or am I missing something?
>
> It's quite annoying considering that sqlite does not have any simple
> way to shuffle the columns around, other than dropping and recreating
> the table. And if I have foreign constraints defined, it becomes a
> whole row of dominoes that come down...
>
> Thanks,
> Micha

Help to improve QGIS rendering possibilities before Nov 30, 2015
http://www.opengis.ch/2015/11/02/qgis-crowdfunding-2-5d-rendering