[Qgis-user] New behavior of Node Tool

Piotr Kania p.kania at op.pl
Wed Nov 11 10:53:17 PST 2015

Hi all!

There is new Node tool in qgis dev. I have opened the bug -
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13793

I think new working mode of Node Tool (semitransparent red background
appears when user clicks with Node Tool at polygon feature) isn't
convenient when someone needs to digitize lots of polygon features using
rasters, wms etc. Additionally during editing session after moving one
or few vertexes we can still see old position of moved vertexes.

In my job (forestry) I use qgis to digitize stand's borders, dirt roads
and streams etc., etc. - I do that using aerial photo (which is rather
too old - my employer isn't generous). All polygon layers in my projects
have transparent background (symbol layer type - "Outline: simple
line"), because I need to see what is on underlaying rasters.

I have created the bug ticket because I couldn't find in qgis settings
how to change the new background color into sth more transparent (or
even to sth completely transparent :) ). My "problem" is similar to the
question that was asked here:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/79783/add-feature-tool-qgis-2-0-polygon-fill-blocks-view-of-what-i-want-to-digitiz

As you can guess, I'd set all to transparency more than 50 %.....:).

I would like to ask everyone - would you like to have somewhere in qgis
settings for that new Node tool? - because right now it's possible to
set selection tool's colors (and transparency), Identify Features Tool's
colors, measure tool's colors, Rubberband's colors. Why not Node Tool's
colors? It could be event sth deeply hidden in new "Advanced Settings
Editor". I think all qgis users would have some benefits having options
for setting color and transparency for line and background of new Node Tool.

What do you think? if you agree -make some comments on
hub.qgis.org/issues/13793

Sorry for long mail, but as someone wrote once -" (...)it's not a
twitter but mailing list, so write man as much as you can..." :)