[Qgis-user] Can the point displacement center symbol be scaled based on number of corresponding points?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Thu Nov 12 01:22:19 PST 2015

On Nov 12, 2015 9:11 AM, "Neumann, Andreas" <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> I also think that - what Anita wants - is a special case of a cluster
renderer (one that actually does not cluster, but only count how many
features are at the same geometry). To have this as a special option of the
displacement renderer would be a quite misleading ...

> But the cluster renderer also allows for a search radius (similar to the
heatmap) - while the displacement renderer only looks at features at the
exact same location (I know there is now a tolerance, but this was only
added later).

Exactly this tolerance makes the renderer much more interesting to me.
Never had a use case for the original displacement renderer.

Best wishes
Anita

The displacement renderer was originally designed to show people who live
at the very same address.

> I'd also be interested to see such a cluster renderer - actually since a
couple of years - but it was never that important to my employer that we
invested in it.

> Andreas
>
> On 2015-11-11 22:03, Anita Graser wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>
wrote:

which makes it possible to scale the center symbol of the point
displacement style based on the number of corresponding points?

reproduce
http://suite.opengeo.org/opengeo-docs/cartography/rt/pointstacker.html

>>> Ah, now I understand. Not possible at the moment, but the displacement
renderer could be extended to allow this style (and be renamed
"displacement/stacker"). Let me think on this - I might launch a crowdfund
to add this feature.