[Qgis-user] columns in spatialite

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 07:17:11 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net>
wrote:

> I believe the main difference between SpatiaLite and Geopackage is that a
> SpatiaLite database contains a lot of query functionality and additional
> data (e.g. a big list of CRS) - while Geopackage does not

That would be a very big list of CRS, or does the query functionality take
that much space? I often used spatialite, but given that I normally use it
to store many layers, I had actually never noticed the large initial size.
This is imho indeed a clear disadvantage when used for data sharing.

> When you checked filesizes for shp: did you only look at the shp, or also
> include dbf, shx, prj, etc.? Otherwise you comparing a complete dataset
> with attributes and metadata against just geometry.

All files, not only the *.shp file. I just created a simple vector layer in
QGIS and saved it as shapefile, geopackage and spatialite file.